After blood, sweat, and tears (okay.. not tears, but serious frustration), I finally launched my new website!
If you’re looking around and not noticing anything new, clear your browser’s cache and try again because this site has gotten a complete makeover, hun-tay!
Now I won’t look around the web and find people with the exact same theme as mine. It’s like walking into your prom with the same dress as someone else. (How awky….) I didn’t go to prom, so I wouldn’t know, but I hear it’s horrid. HA!
Anywho, I’m so excited to release this new look. Some things in particular that I want to point out:
- My new logo (created and designed by yours truly).
- My new “modern and sophisticated” look since my sister said that my previous sight looked juvenile. Hey… if a sister doesn’t tell you the truth, who will? I can name a few—my mom, my husband, my dad… geesh… my circle will never let me get away with anything. LOL!
- The widgets on the right sidebar (on the bottom if you’re on a mobile device). I don’t think they changed too much from my previous look, but they look so fancy now. Now there’s no excuse to not keep up with me, no matter what social media platform you prefer.
- My subscribe feature. This isn’t new either, but it’s so much easier to keep up with my new posts now. Enter your email in the space on the right sidebar or go to the “Contact Me & Subscribe” page. Because, let’s face it, who doesn’t want more Hope? (Don’t worry, I won’t spam you. The system will only email you when new posts are published.)
- My almighty search bar. If you ever need to look up a post, look no farther than the giant magnifying glass on the top-right corner of the page. On a mobile device, it’s located right on the menu bar.
- The automatic scroll up feature. If you’re on a computer and you scroll down on the page, you should see a white arrow appear on the bottom-right corner of the page. Click it to go to the very top of the page.
- A newly revived “marriage” category for my posts. I realized that I was leaving out a big chunk of my life from my blog posts. My husband is 50% of all I do, so he’ll be getting some shine now too. (I didn’t tell him yet, so pray for me. LOL! )
These “upgrades” might sound very basic to some of you, but I don’t care… I’m happy!
It was a mess getting all the “behind-the-scenes” mechanisms to cooperate with each other, but you can’t appreciate the good times if there are no bad times, amen?
I told you guys that I’m doing more blog posts in 2015, and I wanted a fresh look to go with it. So, while you’re already slacking off on your New Year’s resolution to lose that spare tire, I put some rims on mine. Ooooooh! LOL.